Drawn together by a passionate belief in paint as an expressive contemporary medium, North East painters Harry Bell, Ian Bennett, Frank Briffa and Maureen Stephenson joined forces in 2004 to show together as Figure 8.
As individual artists, we've all shown extensively in the North East and throughout the UK with work in private collections both here and abroad and also in public buildings in the UK.
Forthcoming exhibitions include:-
- 4th November for 4 weeks Guild Hall, Newcastle upon Tyne
- 11th January to 1st March Gateshead Library
- 11th April to 31st May Myles Meehan Gallery, Darlington Arts Centre, Vane Terrace, Darlington
- 4th June for 6 weeks Corner Gallery, The Biscuit Factory
- 28th July to 23rd August Tom McGuinness Gallery, Town Hall, Bishop Auckland
Further detailed information will be circulated nearer the individual show dates for exhibitions in 2008. We'll also be posting information here on the blog.
What else will appear on the Figure 8 blog? That remains to be seen. This is something of an experiment, but each member of the group will be able to post as and when they want to.